Companion Rescue Course
the Companion rescue course is a 1 day skills course focusing on beacon, Probe and shoveling skills.
Dec 23, 2017 Mt Hood $150
Feb 3, 2018 Mt Hood $150
A great course for folks who would like to learn or refresh avalanche rescue skills. The structured rescue scenarios provide guided learning opportunities for folks of all experience levels. Individual and group techniques will be covered. Essential for anybody that travels in the backcountry or rides in-bounds gated terrain.
This course is a pre-req for the L2
Topics covered in this course:
• Companion rescue including scene size up, organization, beacon use, probing,
• Recovery of victims not wearing beacons
• Common mistakes in avalanche rescue
• Single and multiple beacon search techniques
• Role of first aid and emergency response in real avalanche rescues
$10 flat rate fee provides access to all of MountainSavvy's rental gear. Avalanche beacon, probe and shovel are essential for all courses.
Taking an avalanche course does not guarantee your safety in avalanche terrain. It will help you to understand the subtleties of the many factors required for consideration to make safe decisions.